Really enjoyed playing the demo...can't wait for the full game!
Asylum: Secret of Caledria
A downloadable game for Windows
What kind of RPG is this? Who's it for?
The goal is to make this a classic JRPG that's reminiscent of the 90's. At first, it was tough for me the grasp the concept of what that really meant. I tried to implement too many things, thinking that I'd be doing the player a disservice by not offering the complex features you'd see from quite a few RPG Maker games. After years of development, I realized that going this route ruined the player experience. The features weren't cohesive, and I was trying to satisfy too many types of gamers.
Since then, I've learned to keep the scope as narrow as possible. I want a fast paced game with clear and concise features. Something that's easy to pick up and play without feeling overwhelmed. This is a game that's made for people with families and jobs who don't have a lot of time on their hands, but still want that nostalgic experience without having to put in 20+ hours.
If you're looking for elaborate crafting/equipment/class/day & night/hunger/cooking/relationship features. You won't get that here. What I can say is... I'm confident that you'll get simple enjoyment out of the few features I have implemented, as they've been studied and tested thoroughly for an optimized experience.
Thanks for checking out the game, and I hope you enjoy it!
A raid on the region of Olund comes to a halt when Ziedrick, Captain of the Caledrian army, finds out that he was manipulated by Emperor Rofel to lead the attack. His decision to spare the lives of the Olund rebels sets a plan in motion that ushers in an age of peace. Five years later, Ziedrick would pass away, leaving his son Oswyn to carry on his legacy.
In an attempt to live up to his father's image, Oswyn quickly rose among the ranks of the Caledrian Army. But with the war coming to a close, he begins to feel a lack of purpose and questions whether or not he should carve his own path to find himself.
- Encounter enemies through direct contact while moving in hostile areas. Specific effects will be triggered based on the direction the enemy is facing when approached.
Target Enemies based on Area of Effect
- Use your Arts to target enemies in a row, column, or radius.
Unleash Special Attacks
- Build your Morale and defeat your enemies using attacks that are unique to each party member.
Capture Monster Spirits
- Capture the Spirits of various monsters and activate them to give your attacks and spells additional effects.
Build up a Village to Unlock Secrets (Not in Demo)
- Gain new abilities and hidden items as you grow your base of operations.
Embark on various Sidequests
- Explore the world of Caledria to unlock hidden locations, characters, items, and more.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Game Mechanics: Knowing When to Let Go39 days ago
- I've been slacking... But!83 days ago
- It's been a while...Feb 15, 2019
- We're up to version 1.0.0!May 20, 2018
- A new update! (v.0.9.0)Apr 06, 2018
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Great classic feeling RPG! The immersive story and outstanding character development kept me very interested! The battle system and equipment are not complicated. No sharp learning curve. My biggest complaint is that it isn't long enough! Keep up the great work!
como se descargan los juegos desde este tipo de pagina
It is wonderful RPG!
Who made your title theme?
Oh I was meaning to say who made your title music lol my bad.
Great game so far - it does crash occasionally, but I'm not sure exactly why.