A new update! (v.0.9.0)
How's it going everyone!
These past few weeks, I've been taking time off work to recover from surgery. Personally, I hate "not" working. I was supposed to take six weeks off, but I ended up working a couple of shifts just a week later. Needless to say, that was dumb. So here I am actually taking the time to rest and recover properly. The question is... What do I do with all this free time? Easy answer, right? Work on my game.
So I've made quite a few changes, and boy did it take long to do. Here is a quick changelog of the more notable changes.
- Fixed Bug with skipping puzzles.
- Fixed Bug with a few skills not leveling up.
- Fixed Bug with Shooting Gallery Mini-game target calculations.
- Fixed Bug with Battle Animations Speed option.
- Countless optimizations made for events.
- Small adjustments made for better battle balancing.
- Mapping and Battle background perspective fixes.
- Increased Save File slots.
- Streamlined Citizen Shops so that the shop menu defaults and locks to "sell only".
- Combos are now provided immediately and no longer require accessing dialogue in the Camp scenes.
- Spells now have proficiency levels, though do not evolve into more powerful spells like unique skills do. They'll only do more damage.
- Terms changed to help give the game its own identity and suit the world lore.
- Help window added to select menus to let the player know that more information can be seen using the arrow keys.
- Weapon and Armor attachment system has been removed to avoid feature bloat. The same enhancements are now in the form of basic accessories.
- Text-based tutorials have been drastically minimized. They have been replaced with events integrated into the story that "guide" the player into properly taking advantage of the game's systems. In others words, I've taken on more of a "show, don't tell" approach.
- Streamlined the notification process for Tasks so that there are less popup notifications.
- Demo has been extended for all players. I've added more enemies, puzzles, and a cutscene that introduces a new character and an important part of the overall plot.
Hopefully this creates a more enjoyable experience for anyone willing to check this game out.
Get Asylum: Secret of Caledria
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.